Sunday, October 25, 2009

Three is going to pupate soon!

Four is still green and may stay green. It's getting bigger and will start to grow so quickly in the next few days (as Three did).

Three is starting to turn from the dark brown to a lighter brown with red tones. It's getting more lethargic too. It doesn't latch onto leaves and branches like a suction cup anymore.

This is so exciting! I wonder when One and Two will emerge. I read it could be a couple weeks or after winter since Fall caterpillars sometimes wait until Spring. I wonder if the mild Texas winter allows certain caterpillars to emerge even in the winter, though.

Hrm...I should probably find another jar to put Four so I can leave Three to do it's thing, but still change out the leaves and feed Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment